I don’t generally do essentialist, but this is one of the sometimes.
Cis-gendered female, aspiring monster; able-bodied, except for the one part that doesn’t work; more or less queer, depending on the day; crazy, in somewhat socially acceptable ways; atheistic hindu (because I can actually do that!); brahmin, with kshatriya khattri; feminist, with firm caveats about transphobia and racism; middle-class, while allowing for intersections with race; anti-capitalist, with hopes of something less mean; academic, about almost anything; and irreverent, about almost everything else.
Things that will reliably piss me off:
- Racist, fascist, classist, ableist, elitist, transphobic, homophobic, fatphobic comments and actions (and yes I know a comment is a speech act).
- Failure to own your privilege, and refusal to accept that you have it. I don’t care if you don’t want it, or don’t like having it.
- Honesty without consideration. This does not apply when those with less power are challenging those with more power.
- Irony as a veil for being mean. Especially when the word itself is inaccurately applied.
Things that generally make me happier:
- People being kind.
- Revolutions, resistance and other challenges to authority.
- Chocolate and edamame.
- Dance and books.